Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Thrill (or Defeat?) of the Inbox


Ummm, where are all these guys in real life?  Why is it whenever I leave the house I don’t spot any interesting men but, when I open my inbox it’s brimming with possibilities?  Tall, dark, handsome, age appropriate, possibilities.  It’s awesomely exciting and a little bit addictive, if I’m being honest.  What an ego boost!  I guess the cloak of the computer screen makes this whole process of dating a little less daunting.  The potential for feeling rejected is almost non-existent.  If one guy doesn’t answer you, there are 15 others who will.  Practically no risk.  Does that mean no reward?  I guess we’ll see.  

But, you know that feeling when you go to the hardware store to pick out paint samples? That head spinning, chest constricting, WOW it’s hot in here, I’ll just grab as many shades of sage as I can find and figure it out at home, feeling?  That’s sort of how I’m feeling.  What usually happens with the paint chips when I bring them home?  They sit in a pile in various parts of my apartment, collect dust and eventually get thrown away on a rare occasion I decide to “really” clean.  Simply put, narrowing down choices and committing to a long term idea, not my strong point. 

Hmmmmm....maybe it is me?!?

As I said, I guess only time will tell.  First date lined up.  Wish me luck.  Will report back after!

No comments:

Post a Comment