Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Date #10 - The Pleasant Surprise

As soon as I began communicating with him, I knew we were on the same wave-length.  I hate that term but it's the best way to describe it.  I love it when I can communicate with someone, in whatever form, and not have to think about what I'm saying too much.  You know, there are some people with whom you have to re-word each text message before you send it or re-think every sentence before you say it.  Not this guy.  So right from the start, I was more at ease and comfortable being me.  Which is such a relief!

Even better than that? He seems to be a step ahead of me, which is rare.  I'm not saying I know everything, or even a fraction of everything, but I'm quick.  I get things done and I don't like to wait.  Before I can even think about getting annoyed because we haven't firmed up plans, he's texting me with the time and location of where we are meeting.  It almost brings me to tears of happiness, I'm not exaggerating (well, maybe a little exaggeration but you get what I'm saying).

We choose brunch for our first "date" and both arrive 15 minutes early.  I'm usually very prompt but not usually early.  I thought it would be best for one of us to get there early to find a table as brunch at this particular spot is a popular destination.  Amazingly enough, he had the same exact thought.  Again, tears of joy.

He looked exactly like his pictures and is exactly the height he claimed to be on his profile.  Physically, if I could build my perfect man, he probably would NOT be it.  But I can't say I even noticed that too much after we started talking,  Conversation flowed easily.  We discovered we both worked at one of my past places of employment (he left right as I was joining), have very similar families and backgrounds, both enjoy living in the city area (not as common as one might think) and are social people who drink alcohol.  As I've said before, I don't want to date a drunk BUT I do enjoy splitting a bottle of wine with dinner or meeting for happy hour after work.  That is fun to me, so to find someone who enjoys that is important.  I'm not saying I want to be out slamming cocktails until 4am on the weekends.  Not anymore, anyway.  But having a few drinks after work or a few bottles of wine with friends, definite yes.  So this is good.

Before I knew it we made our way through a full meal and two mimosas and I wasn't ready to leave yet.  Wowza.  At this point I'm usually finding a reason to leave gracefully.  What's more surprising is HE takes control and decides to ask for the check.  What?!  Amazing.

Here's the other great thing I learned about him, he walks fast.  My fellow fast walkers out there will understand.

We parted ways with another date planned for that following Tuesday.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment